Sunday, September 22, 2013

With Slate Clean, a Jersey Shore Town Reimagines Itself



Devastated by Sandy, Sea Bright is now casting an eye towards the future, using the storm as an opportunity to make it more livable, sustainable and resilient. 
“If we spend all this money rebuilding our homes, and there’s no town to back it up, what’s the point?” asked one speaker at a recent borough meeting. A planning process is being led from the ground up, with residents coming up with ideas about restoring the waterfront, re-imagining the downtown and re-making the local economy.  Those ideas will be finalized over the next few weeks, and then the town will apply for grants to help transform the narrow strip of land with water on both sides.

4 comments:

  1. I know that floods are pretty terrible. I had one in my house and that was really awful experience. I was glad that there was a flood recovery machine that helped me clean out my house. I think there are rentals around that people can find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation for the great post. Those who come to read your article will find lots of helpful and informative tips.

    Hosted Services

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post is very informative,It helped me with great information so I really believe you will do much better in the future.
    Google Cardboard development

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.. they are really interesting.. I would like to read more from you.
    Online MBA rankings

    ReplyDelete